Learn how to allow others on a video hangout see your computer screen during the call, and how to stop showing your screen when it's no longer required.
- [Instructor] When you're on a video call…with one or more people here in Google Hangouts,…there may come a time where you'd like…to show them something you have open on your screen.…Well Google Hangouts does allow you…to share your screen, that's what we're going…to do right now.…You can see I'm showing up on my own screen…in the bottom right-hand corner,…and I'm on a call with two other people.…Those two people have hidden their cameras…or don't have cameras attached.…That's okay though, they can see me…and they can see my screen if I share it with them,…which I'm going to do by going up…to the top-right corner and clicking…the ellipses for more options.…
Right at the top is Share Screen.…Clicking that here in Google Chrome gives me…a couple of options.…I can share my entire screen by clicking Share…at the bottom right-hand corner.…They'll be able to see every window I have open…and I can switch between them,…or I can pick an application window that's already open.…By doing that, I just make the selection.…If it's this Word document, a press release…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.