Learn how to use text messaging within a video chat to hold a conversation with another participant on the side without interrupting the video call.
- There may be times when you're on a video call…with one or more people,…perhaps someone's deep in conversation or presenting…and you want to send a message out to the group…without interrupting the flow of the conversation…or the presentation.…In that case, you might want to use text or chat.…That can be thrown in on top of your video call,…that's what we're going to do here in this movie.…You can see, I'm showing up in the bottom right-hand corner,…and Sandie, over here,…is the last person to be talking,…so that's why she shows up on my screen.…I want to send a message out to people,…and as I move my mouse around,…you can see this little chat icon over here…in the left-hand corner shows up,…same as clicking the ellipses or More Options…up here in the top-right and selecting Chat.…
It's going to open up this area in the bottom-left corner…where I can start to type in a message.…Need to leave soon.…And when I press enter, that'll go out to the entire group.…You can see it shows up here on my screen,…I'm just going to switch over to Sandie who sees it…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.