Learn how to tell whether someone you want to start a conversation with is available and online to chat immediately, or unavailable, and at which time an invitation to start a conversation will be sent.
- [Instructor] When you're ready to have…a video call, phone call, or even just text message,…with one of your contacts,…they may or may not be ready…to have a conversation with you.…In other words, they may not be online…and ready to accept your invitation instantaneously.…While the good news is you can tell…who is online and who is not,…who you'll be able to start a conversation with immediately…and who you'll have to send an invitation to…and hope for the best.…Let's check it out here.…You can see I'm logged in as Sandie.…
And Sandie's going to go to her contacts.…Clicking contacts shows the two that she has.…There's David Rivers, and there's Krystle down below.…You can see the difference.…David, that's me, has this little green circle…because he's online,…and clicking New Conversation or the name here…and choosing David means an immediate conversation…can happen.…Going down to Krystle and clicking here…to start a conversation with her…would result in an invitation being sent…and then she would have to be online at some point…
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Docs Advanced Tips and Trickswith Jess Stratton58m 18s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Google Hangouts
2. Messaging and Text Hangouts
3. Video and Phone Hangouts
4. Hangouts on Mobile Devices
5. Set Up Contacts
6. Set Hangout Preferences
Change your profile picture3m 50s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.