Learn how to ensure hangout history is turned on or off, and how to access old chats that have been stored by the history function via Gmail to review them or even resume them.
- [Instructor] Archiving is an excellent option…to permanently store older conversations…so you can refer back to them and go through the text…messaging, the conversation between two or more people…if it happens to be a group chat.…But if you don't want to archive, you really don't have to…if you want to keep track of past conversations.…There's a history function that's built into Hangouts.…It's turned on by default, and you can turn it off.…We're going to take a look at it now.…As you can see, I don't have any older conversations here,…no recent chats.…
That's because we archived.…We can unarchive conversations as well.…Let's go to the left-hand side and click the ellipses…for more options, go down to Settings, click there,…and then scroll down so we can see Archived Hangouts.…That's where we access the ones we've already archived.…To unarchive, we just click them to open them up…over here on the right and change the settings.…When we click Settings,…you're going to see Unarchive conversation.…That's an option, and clicking it…
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Docs Advanced Tips and Trickswith Jess Stratton58m 18s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Google Hangouts
2. Messaging and Text Hangouts
3. Video and Phone Hangouts
4. Hangouts on Mobile Devices
5. Set Up Contacts
6. Set Hangout Preferences
Change your profile picture3m 50s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.