Learn how to ensure hangout history is turned on or off, and how to access old chats that have been stored by the history function via Gmail to review them or even resume them.
- [Instructor] Archiving is an excellent option…to permanently store older conversations…so you can refer back to them and go through the text…messaging, the conversation between two or more people…if it happens to be a group chat.…But if you don't want to archive, you really don't have to…if you want to keep track of past conversations.…There's a history function that's built into Hangouts.…It's turned on by default, and you can turn it off.…We're going to take a look at it now.…As you can see, I don't have any older conversations here,…no recent chats.…
That's because we archived.…We can unarchive conversations as well.…Let's go to the left-hand side and click the ellipses…for more options, go down to Settings, click there,…and then scroll down so we can see Archived Hangouts.…That's where we access the ones we've already archived.…To unarchive, we just click them to open them up…over here on the right and change the settings.…When we click Settings,…you're going to see Unarchive conversation.…That's an option, and clicking it…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the Hangouts interface
- Starting one-on-one text chats and group text chats
- Archiving a text chat
- Starting a video call
- Sending a message during a call
- Changing video call settings
- Making phone calls with Hangouts
- Touring the Hangouts UI on a mobile device
- Setting up contacts
- Customizing Hangout preferences
- Using keyboard shortcuts in Hangouts