Learn how to peruse edits, revisions, and comments in a Google document. Use the revision history feature to browse specific edits or open an older edition of a document. In addition, discover how to restore a previous edition.
- [Instructor] Whether you're the document owner…or a team member, click the "comments" button…to check changes a document has been through.…This document has been through the wringer.…It has open comments, resolved comments,…and some revisions that are all noted here on this card.…Lots of them.…Now, you can open any resolved comments,…but revisions are only highlighted in the text.…Once they're accepted or rejected,…you can't go back and undo them.…Revisions do stay on the comments card until you purge them,…and to purge a revision,…click the little triangle arrow and choose delete,…and the revision is gone.…
Whether an item is removed from the comments card or not,…it still shows up in the document's revision history.…Click the link at the top center of the document window.…Here is says "all changes saved in drive",…which is what you typically see,…though the text may change to reflect recent edits…made to the document.…This is the revision history screen.…It shows document snapshots through time,…illustrating various edits and changes.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding G Suite and Google apps
- Exploring Google Drive
- Sharing files and folders
- Receiving a shared invite
- Sharing a document
- Managing shared documents
- Adding comments
- Creating a shared schedule
- Collaborating in real time
- Building a project site
- Presenting online