Learn more about how to open a shared folder to view it in Google apps. In addition, discover how to add a shared folder to your Google Drive or move it along with documents.
- [Instructor] The high point of your collaboration day…is when you receive and invite alerting you…to a shared document or folder.…Here's a Gmail message to my fictitious pal, Art.…It says that the Rainbow Gum folder…is available for sharing.…Click the Open button to view the shared folder.…Here you see the files and folders in the shared folder.…Everything you see is accessible to you…just as if these items were part of…your own Google Drive and that's an important point.…
At this step, these items are not part of your Google Drive,…though it appears that way in the browser window.…I'll open Google Drive in another window,…and you do not see the Rainbow Gum folder.…The folder does however show up in the…Shared with me category right there.…So my advice is to integrate the shared folder…into your own drive storage.…Back in the Rainbow Gum drive tab,…roll your mouse over the Rainbow Gum button.…
Click it and choose Add to My Drive.…See the path name change?…You now see My Drive and then Rainbow Gum.…The folder is in your cloud storage.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding G Suite and Google apps
- Exploring Google Drive
- Sharing files and folders
- Receiving a shared invite
- Sharing a document
- Managing shared documents
- Adding comments
- Creating a shared schedule
- Collaborating in real time
- Building a project site
- Presenting online