Get an overview of final thoughts and additional resources for moving on.
- [Instructor] Well congratulations, you've reached…the end of this course on Google Hangouts.…You should now be feeling more comfortable with…this powerful communication service…and ready to start using Hangouts…to chat using text messaging one on one or in a group,…chat using video one on one or in a group,…even call others on their phone directly…from your computer or mobile device.…You can take your knowledge of Google Hangouts…a step further by looking for it in other courses,…here on this site for example, Nick Brazzi touches…on Google Hangouts and other remote meeting…and teleconferencing apps in his course…titled Mobile for Business: Using Productivity Apps.…
You can learn how to create a calendar event…with Google Hangouts in the course…Google Calendar Advanced Tips and Tricks with Jess Stratton.…Learn more about Hangouts and other text,…voice, and video chat services on your Android devices…by checking out Dan Gookin's…course, Android Essential Training.…And lastly, if you need to take Google Hangouts…
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Docs Advanced Tips and Trickswith Jess Stratton58m 18s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Google Hangouts
2. Messaging and Text Hangouts
3. Video and Phone Hangouts
4. Hangouts on Mobile Devices
5. Set Up Contacts
6. Set Hangout Preferences
Change your profile picture3m 50s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.