Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Up and Running with Google Apps Script (2013).
So that's it for up and running with Google Apps Script.…And I hope you've gained an understanding of the…possibilities available to you as an Apps Script developer.…As always, I encourage you to check out Google's documentation and…make sure you take a look at the case studies as well.…There's a couple of things that you should keep your…eye on as you continue to build Google Apps Scripts.…First, the sunset schedule.…If you remember wave and reader, you…know that Google changes their service offerings occasionally.…The same thing applies to…Apps Script, and this table shows you what's on the…chopping block, and how the retirement of various features will…impact your scripts For example, you can see that the…SOAP service I mentioned earlier became deprecated on July 9 2013.…
And both sunset on February 1st, 2014.…After that, it won't be available in AutoComplete,…but existing uses of it should continue to function.…But if you were going to use that service in an existing App, you should consider…the implications for your App going forward.…
- What is Google Apps Script?
- Creating and editing files with Apps Services
- Storing data for your script
- Using events and triggers in containers
- Building custom spreadsheet functions
- Sharing your script as a web app
- Serving JSON or XML from your script
- Publishing your app in the Chrome Web Store