In this video, learn how to review a document's or folder's current permission settings. Changing a user's permission, removing a user or un-sharing an item are also covered.
- [Narrator] When you share items with others…you set permissions, then you surrender a link…to the item which grants the user…various levels of access.…That sounds good, but it's the link itself…that grants access, therefore,…I urge you to consider some issues…when sharing documents that go beyond the basic permissions.…I'll start with a shared document.…Here's a file called contact list.…You can tell that it's shared by the icons.…Now the file isn't in a shared folder,…and I'll explain why that's important in a moment.…
You can set sharing options inside the document…by clicking the share button, or in Google Drive…right here by selecting the document…and clicking the share icon.…Before I do so, you see a list of shared users,…which appears here.…Now when I click the shared button,…you see that same list appear in a card.…Click advanced.…Here you can change permissions for specific users.…You click the edit icon and set a new permission level.…To remove the user click the X icon to delete them.…
The user is no longer granted permission to access the file,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding G Suite and Google apps
- Exploring Google Drive
- Sharing files and folders
- Receiving a shared invite
- Sharing a document
- Managing shared documents
- Adding comments
- Creating a shared schedule
- Collaborating in real time
- Building a project site
- Presenting online