Learn how to call a person's phone number from within Google Hangouts to hold an audio-only conversation with them from your computer to their landline or cell phone.
- [Instructor] One cool thing you can do…with Google Hangouts is make a phone call…to a cellphone or even a landline directly…from your computer or mobile device using Google Hangouts.…That's what we're going to do right now.…You can click the phone call icon…in the center of your screen, or go to the left hand side…and click the phone icon there to start a phone call.…Either way, it's going to change the pane…down the left hand side to show New conversation,…and clicking there is where you'll type in the phone number…you wish to call.…You can also type in a name…if you've stored the phone number in one of your Contacts.…
Next to the name or phone number is a flag.…You can see mine is the Canadian flag.…That's my country of origin.…That means I can make free phone calls to Canada…and most of the United States as well.…If you're calling overseas, you may see a charge appear…up here in the top right corner,…but I'm going to make a free phone call to someone in Canada…by typing in the phone number.…Next, I'll click Call down below,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.