Learn how to find Google Hangouts and launch it. Also learn how to sign in if you have an account, and how to create a Google account if you don't already have one.
- [Instructor] When you're ready to start Google Hangouts,…the first thing you'll want to do…is sign in to your Google account if you have one already.…If you don't, you'll want to create it…so you can use Google Hangouts.…That's what we're going to do in this movie…and as you can see, I'm on a Mac using Safari.…We're going to check out…how you sign in to your Google account on different browsers…across different platforms starting here on the Mac.…Having loaded up Safari and gone to google.com,…I was taken to google.ca because I'm here in Canada…and up here in the top right corner, I see a Sign In button.…
That's where I go to sign in using my existing account…or to create a new account.…I just want you to see something though.…If you go directly to Google Hangouts, hangouts.google.com,…you'll notice the start screen here…also has the Sign In button in the top right hand corner…so you can do either but here at google.ca clicking Sign In…is going to do the same thing.…Going to prompt you for your email and your password…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.