Learn how to find Google Hangouts and launch it. Also learn how to sign in if you have an account, and how to create a Google account if you don't already have one.
- [Instructor] When you're ready to start Google Hangouts,…the first thing you'll want to do…is sign in to your Google account if you have one already.…If you don't, you'll want to create it…so you can use Google Hangouts.…That's what we're going to do in this movie…and as you can see, I'm on a Mac using Safari.…We're going to check out…how you sign in to your Google account on different browsers…across different platforms starting here on the Mac.…Having loaded up Safari and gone to google.com,…I was taken to google.ca because I'm here in Canada…and up here in the top right corner, I see a Sign In button.…
That's where I go to sign in using my existing account…or to create a new account.…I just want you to see something though.…If you go directly to Google Hangouts, hangouts.google.com,…you'll notice the start screen here…also has the Sign In button in the top right hand corner…so you can do either but here at google.ca clicking Sign In…is going to do the same thing.…Going to prompt you for your email and your password…
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Docs Advanced Tips and Trickswith Jess Stratton58m 18s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Google Hangouts
2. Messaging and Text Hangouts
3. Video and Phone Hangouts
4. Hangouts on Mobile Devices
5. Set Up Contacts
6. Set Hangout Preferences
Change your profile picture3m 50s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.