Learn how to view an incoming invitation to a video call and join the call, choosing whether to join with both audio and video, or just audio.
- [Instructor] Well we now know how simple it is…to initiate a video call,…inviting other to join our conversation.…Even turn it into an audio call by hiding the camera…or, if we don't even want to be heard,…muting the microphone.…But what's it like to be on the other end?…Receiving an invitation to a video call or an audio call?…That's what we're going to look at in this movie.…And you don't have to be in Hangouts to know if…you're being invited and there's an incoming call.…You'll hear an audio notification…if you've left the notifications on.…
I'm going to show you what it's like to be in Hangouts…when the call comes in.…So someone's going to contact us,…we don't know just by looking at the invitation…if it's a video call or an audio call until we accept.…So let's see what that's like.…So, looks like a window opens up,…and I'm going to hear an audio signal any minute.…(ringing)…At this point, I can answer the call.…Just going to mute my microphone,…because I don't want the feedback, and as you can see,…this is an audio call that's come in.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the Hangouts interface
- Starting one-on-one text chats and group text chats
- Archiving a text chat
- Starting a video call
- Sending a message during a call
- Changing video call settings
- Making phone calls with Hangouts
- Touring the Hangouts UI on a mobile device
- Setting up contacts
- Customizing Hangout preferences
- Using keyboard shortcuts in Hangouts