Join Albert Lo for an in-depth discussion in this video Incorporate the RecyclerView adapters, part of Android Development: Modern Android UI Design Elements.
- (Male Speaker) Let's switch back to Google Photos Fragment. We have all our views inflated in our on view create. One thing we need to do is update our layout file. So, let's go into fragment Google photos layout on line 56 and press Command + B to bring up the layout file. In our layout file, there's a couple of changes we want to make. The first one is to our text view, account name. We're going to add a margin, 10dp, also we're going to set the gravity to center and we'll add a default text, and we'll convert this to a string XML resource.
Call it account_name_text. Let's scroll down to swipe refresh layout. Our parent layout container is relative layout so we want to locate swipe refresh layout to below the text view account name, and we add the id account name. Now let's scroll to our grid recycler view, and we will add two things. The first is clip to padding. Set it to false, and the other is column width and we set that to 80dp.
- Creating a custom layout with XML
- Setting up OnClick handlers
- Making API calls
- Creating custom views
- Implementing ViewHolder objects
- Signing certificates
- Adding a checkbox
Skill Level Intermediate
Building Android Apps with Cloud Serviceswith Albert Lo2h 37m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Side Navigation Drawer
2. Custom RecyclerView: Multiple View Types
3. Custom RecyclerView: ViewHolders
4. Understanding Custom Views
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.