Join Albert Lo for an in-depth discussion in this video Implement AlbumGridAdapter, part of Android Development: Modern Android UI Design Elements.
- [Commentator] Now we are ready to create our album…grid adapter.…Before we do that, you may want to press play here to…build your project to make sure that there are no errors.…Album grid adapter is our actual recycler view adapter.…And it's going to extend base grid adapter.…So let's go ahead and create that, I'm going to press…Command+1 to open our project view.…We are going to select UI.Googlephotospackage.…Right mouse on it to create our new class, and we will call…it album grid adapter.…
As previously mentioned, album grid adapter will extend…base grid adapter.…Album grid adapter will also maintain a reference to an…activity so let's add that class member here.…It's going to be a private class member of type app…compat activity.…Let's add our constructor here.…And the constructor will take in one parameter, app…compat activity.…
And in our constructor we're going to initialize our…activity.…The next method that we want to implement for this class…will be on create view holder.…Again, on create view holder is a standard framework…
- Creating a custom layout with XML
- Setting up OnClick handlers
- Making API calls
- Creating custom views
- Implementing ViewHolder objects
- Signing certificates
- Adding a checkbox
Skill Level Intermediate
Building Android Apps with Cloud Serviceswith Albert Lo2h 37m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Side Navigation Drawer
2. Custom RecyclerView: Multiple View Types
3. Custom RecyclerView: ViewHolders
4. Understanding Custom Views
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.