- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [David] Hi, and welcome to this course on Google Hangouts, I'm David Rivers. If you're a Google user with a Google Plus or Gmail account and you need to communicate quickly with other Google users, either one-on-one or in a group scenario, Google Hangouts can be your one-stop-shop. With Hangouts, you can communicate using built-in text messaging. You can communicate via video conferencing, or even call phone numbers all from the comfort of your computer or mobile device. In this course, we'll begin by exploring ways to get access to Hangouts, launch it, and get comfortable in our surroundings with a quick tour of the user interface, then we'll spend some time working with Google Hangouts' text messaging functionality before moving on to video and phone Hangouts, both one-on-one, and with groups of people.
Because we often need to communicate on the go, we'll also spend some time working with Hangouts on different mobile devices like tablets and smartphones. You'll also learn how to setup preferences like setting your status, changing your photo, choosing how you're notified by Hangouts, and even use some handy keyboard shortcuts. So, what exactly do you need to follow along with me in this course? We'll explore that next.