- Touring the Hangouts interface
- Starting one-on-one text chats and group text chats
- Archiving a text chat
- Starting a video call
- Sending a message during a call
- Changing video call settings
- Making phone calls with Hangouts
- Touring the Hangouts UI on a mobile device
- Setting up contacts
- Customizing Hangout preferences
- Using keyboard shortcuts in Hangouts
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [David] Hi, and welcome to this course on Google Hangouts, I'm David Rivers. If you're a Google user with a Google Plus or Gmail account and you need to communicate quickly with other Google users, either one-on-one or in a group scenario, Google Hangouts can be your one-stop-shop. With Hangouts, you can communicate using built-in text messaging. You can communicate via video conferencing, or even call phone numbers all from the comfort of your computer or mobile device. In this course, we'll begin by exploring ways to get access to Hangouts, launch it, and get comfortable in our surroundings with a quick tour of the user interface, then we'll spend some time working with Google Hangouts' text messaging functionality before moving on to video and phone Hangouts, both one-on-one, and with groups of people.
Because we often need to communicate on the go, we'll also spend some time working with Hangouts on different mobile devices like tablets and smartphones. You'll also learn how to setup preferences like setting your status, changing your photo, choosing how you're notified by Hangouts, and even use some handy keyboard shortcuts. So, what exactly do you need to follow along with me in this course? We'll explore that next.