Explore Google Drive and its file management capabilities. Learn how to create a new folder, move files and documents into the folder and recover deleted files from the trash.
- [Instructor] Google Drive is central…to all Google's online apps.…It's the location where you keep and organize your documents…and it provides ample sharing…and collaboration opportunities.…Here's Google Drive as presented in the Chrome web browser.…Fresh out of the box Google Drive…comes with some sample documents, but no folders.…It's your job to create folders to help organize your files…and the process works the same on Google Drive…as it does on a computer.…As an example I'm going to create a project folder.…You click the New button and choose New folder,…name the project folder New Project,…very creative, and click Create.…
And there's the folder.…Just as with the local storage,…you can create more folders, add files, move files,…and perform all types of file and storage activities.…The secret is to use the shortcut icons shown here,…and also on the action overflow or three dot menu.…The commands are also available…on an item's right-click menu.…For example, I'm going to move the file Project Overview…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding G Suite and Google apps
- Exploring Google Drive
- Sharing files and folders
- Receiving a shared invite
- Sharing a document
- Managing shared documents
- Adding comments
- Creating a shared schedule
- Collaborating in real time
- Building a project site
- Presenting online