Learn how to create, name, and save a new spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- [Instructor] Let's get right into showing you…how to create and name a spreadsheet in Google Sheets…and learn about how Google Sheets automatically…saves your work.…The fastest way to create a new spreadsheet…is to start by typing this URL into your browser.…Sheets.google.com.…Once you're signed in with your Google account,…you'll see your Google Sheets home screen.…This home screen shows some thumbnails across the top…that you can click to create a new spreadsheet.…You can start with either a blank spreadsheet…or you can start with one of Google's spreadsheet templates…such as the to-do list, one of the budget templates,…or a calendar template.…
To create a new blank spreadsheet…from your Google Sheets home screen,…click the thumbnail labeled Blank…with the big green plus sign in the middle.…This is in the upper left corner.…I'll click that right now…and a new, blank, untitled spreadsheet will open up.…As soon as I rename or type anything into this spreadsheet,…it will automatically be saved by Google Sheets.…
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2018. What changed?
A: We revised five videos to reflect the latest features and enhancements in Google Sheets.
Q: This course was updated on 10/17/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover customizing your printed spreadsheet and automating tasks with recorded macros.
1. Getting Started with Google Sheets
2. Creating Spreadsheets
3. Editing Spreadsheets
4. Viewing and Printing Spreadsheets
5. Formatting Spreadsheets
6. Working with Spreadsheet Data
7. Collaborating with Google Sheets
Commenting on a spreadsheet3m 26s
8. Using the Google Sheets Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.