Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and editing a document, part of Up and Running with Google Apps Script (2013).
So let's say I want to create a basic document.…The DocumentApp class has a create method, which we saw before,…and it takes a string as an argument for the name of the file,…and that's it.…This is a complete program that generates a brand new, blank document in my drive.…If I go up here to the Menu bar and…click Run, I'll have a brand new document in my drive.…Now at this point you might see a…dialog asking you to approve the access the script.…
If you see that, just press Accept.…If I switch over to my Drive tab, I can see my document there.…And indeed, it's empty.…I can go into the sharing options and see that I'm the owner.…Well, in this case Rafael Montreso, my fictional…teacher at the Royal Academy is the owner.…And that's great, but I can already make a…blank document using the tools here in the drive interface.…It's a lot more interesting to be able to work inside of documents.…So, what kind of things can I do with the document once I've created it?…Well, one of the first things you'll notice is that, if…
- What is Google Apps Script?
- Creating and editing files with Apps Services
- Storing data for your script
- Using events and triggers in containers
- Building custom spreadsheet functions
- Sharing your script as a web app
- Serving JSON or XML from your script
- Publishing your app in the Chrome Web Store