Learn how to create group appointments in Google Calendar and how to create event and share it with others in the group. In addition, discover how to create a shared calendar by adding group members to the calendar.
- [Narrator] Your tool for scheduling meetings and tasks…is the Google Calendar, which is also part of your…Google/Gmail account.…You have two ways to share appointments and events:…by event or by calendar.…The first method involves creating an event…in your Google Calendar and sending out invites.…So, open Google Calendar on the web,…it's show here, the address is calendar.google.com.…Sign in to your account if necessary,…then create a new event, say a lunch for the group.…
Click on the time, edit the event.…We're going to call it lunch…and schedule it for noon thirty,…and the Pixel Cafe, which is not in Hong Kong,…and I'm going to choose a calendar,…I'm going to choose my work calendar category…because this is a work event.…And now I'm going to type in a list of guests,…which is going to include collaborators on the team.…And if you created a Google Contacts group label,…you can type the label name in here…instead of the individual contacts.…
And everyone gets expanded.…Going to set the guest permissions…so that people can see who else is on the list,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding G Suite and Google apps
- Exploring Google Drive
- Sharing files and folders
- Receiving a shared invite
- Sharing a document
- Managing shared documents
- Adding comments
- Creating a shared schedule
- Collaborating in real time
- Building a project site
- Presenting online