Learn how to access notification settings on a smartphone (iPhone) to control when notifications can come through with the snooze setting, whether you can reply to a notification from the preview, and whether you hear a sound or vibration when new notific
- [Instructor] If you're going to be using Google Hangouts…on a mobile device, specifically a smartphone,…there may be times when you don't want to be interrupted:…interrupted by sounds playing when there's a notification,…vibrations even, even pop-ups giving you previews…of people and their messages…when they're trying to get in touch with you via Hangouts.…We're going to look at how to control those settings…in this movie on an iPhone.…You can see I'm already logged in.…And tapping the icon up at the top left hand corner…next to Hangouts opens up the menu down the side.…
Next we're going to go to Settings.…From here, you'll notice the first notification setting…that we can adjust is the snooze notification.…Likely it's turned off.…That's the default.…And that means when a notification comes in,…you're going to get it immediately.…If you're going into a one hour meeting,…you can snooze notifications…so they don't show up for that hour.…Just tap the arrow and you'll see some options…like one hour, two hours, four, eight, a day,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.