Learn how to change your Google profile photo from within Hangouts, using the option to search your computer for an existing picture to replace the default used when setting up your Google account initially.
- [Narrator] When you first set up your Google account,…whether it be here in Google Hangouts, Gmail, Google Plus,…you name it, one of the pieces of information that can be…stored with your account is a profile picture,…and if you didn't set one up in the beginning,…you're likely going to see what we see here…for Karen Leslie, who's logged into her account,…up in the top right hand corner, the initial K.…That's because she's never uploaded her own picture,…and that also means when she's using Google Hangouts…to message with someone or on a phone call,…they're going to see this instead of her actual photo.…
So in this movie we're going to change that to upload…an actual photo so people will get a feel for the person…they're talking to on a phone call here in Hangouts,…or text messaging with the message functionality.…So to change it, you don't have to be in Hangouts.…You can be in any of the Google apps.…If you're in Gmail, you'll see the same thing up here…in the top right hand corner in your Google Plus account,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.