Learn how to adjust video call settings such as choosing incoming and outgoing bandwidth to be used, choosing devices such as speakers for output, and choosing input devices such as microphones.
- [Instructor] Whenever problems arise during…a video call here in Google Hangouts,…you do have the ability to check your settings…and maybe make adjustments if necessary.…For example, maybe you're having difficulty hearing people,…even though you know you have speakers…or a headphone like I do.…Or perhaps, they're not hearing you,…they're not seeing you.…There may be issues with the camera.…Well you can check your settings during…a video call by going up to the top-right corner…and clicking the cog icon up there.…That gives you access to your General settings,…as well as your Bandwidth.…
For example, down below under Video,…you can see it's using my FaceTime high definition camera…that's built-in to my Mac.…Clicking the drop-down would show me other options…if they were attached.…I don't have any other cameras,…that's the only choice, that's good.…The microphone that's being used,…along with the speakers are part of my headset.…So, you can see with the headset on,…I have a microphone that I'm speaking into,…and I'm hearing everything in the headset itself.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the Hangouts interface
- Starting one-on-one text chats and group text chats
- Archiving a text chat
- Starting a video call
- Sending a message during a call
- Changing video call settings
- Making phone calls with Hangouts
- Touring the Hangouts UI on a mobile device
- Setting up contacts
- Customizing Hangout preferences
- Using keyboard shortcuts in Hangouts