Learn how to adjust video call settings such as choosing incoming and outgoing bandwidth to be used, choosing devices such as speakers for output, and choosing input devices such as microphones.
- [Instructor] Whenever problems arise during…a video call here in Google Hangouts,…you do have the ability to check your settings…and maybe make adjustments if necessary.…For example, maybe you're having difficulty hearing people,…even though you know you have speakers…or a headphone like I do.…Or perhaps, they're not hearing you,…they're not seeing you.…There may be issues with the camera.…Well you can check your settings during…a video call by going up to the top-right corner…and clicking the cog icon up there.…That gives you access to your General settings,…as well as your Bandwidth.…
For example, down below under Video,…you can see it's using my FaceTime high definition camera…that's built-in to my Mac.…Clicking the drop-down would show me other options…if they were attached.…I don't have any other cameras,…that's the only choice, that's good.…The microphone that's being used,…along with the speakers are part of my headset.…So, you can see with the headset on,…I have a microphone that I'm speaking into,…and I'm hearing everything in the headset itself.…
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Docs Advanced Tips and Trickswith Jess Stratton58m 18s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Google Hangouts
2. Messaging and Text Hangouts
3. Video and Phone Hangouts
4. Hangouts on Mobile Devices
5. Set Up Contacts
6. Set Hangout Preferences
Change your profile picture3m 50s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.