Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Building an app to create folders on Google Drive, part of Learning Google Apps Script (2013).
So we've got all the pieces we need to build something interesting.…Here's your task.…Build an app that takes the name, email address and course section from a…spreadsheet to create folders on your Google…Drive, shared with each or your students individually.…Use the course section to organize the student folders and to…determine, which of two syllabus files to put in each student's folder.…This should probably take you about 30 minutes.…When you're done,…check out my solution and I'll show you how I built this app.…
- What is Google Apps Script?
- Creating and editing files with Apps Services
- Storing data for your script
- Using events and triggers in containers
- Building custom spreadsheet functions
- Sharing your script as a web app
- Serving JSON or XML from your script
- Publishing your app in the Chrome Web Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Navigating the Google Apps Script Platform
2. Working with Apps Services
3. Working with Script Services
4. Working with Web Apps
5. Putting It All Together
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.