Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Building an app to create folders on Google Drive, part of Up and Running with Google Apps Script (2013).
- View Offline
So we've got all the pieces we need to build something interesting.…Here's your task.…Build an app that takes the name, email address and course section from a…spreadsheet to create folders on your Google…Drive, shared with each or your students individually.…Use the course section to organize the student folders and to…determine, which of two syllabus files to put in each student's folder.…This should probably take you about 30 minutes.…When you're done,…check out my solution and I'll show you how I built this app.…
- What is Google Apps Script?
- Creating and editing files with Apps Services
- Storing data for your script
- Using events and triggers in containers
- Building custom spreadsheet functions
- Sharing your script as a web app
- Serving JSON or XML from your script
- Publishing your app in the Chrome Web Store