Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Building user interfaces, part of Learning Google Apps Script (2013).
Let's take a look at Ui service which provides a whole bunch of…options for making a user interface window that pops up over a doc.…Or spreadsheet or anywhere you want to interact with the user.…Now there's more to the Ui service than I can possibly cover in this course.…And it's one of those sections that I'd really encourage you to go check out.…But let's take a quick look at some of the…basics so you can have a foundation to work with.…You can create a Ui in a spreadsheet or document context.…Or as a web app.…For this movie, I'll start in the script editor for a spreadsheet.…
And I'll add a function called draw Ui to use the Ui app class.…First I'll use create application to create a Ui…application and then I'll set its title to my window.…Next I'll use the set height and set width…methods on the app object to size the window.…I'll use the create label and create button methods to create a label, and…a button and then use the add method to add those elements to the app.…And finally, we need to use the show method on the active spreadsheet to…
- What is Google Apps Script?
- Creating and editing files with Apps Services
- Storing data for your script
- Using events and triggers in containers
- Building custom spreadsheet functions
- Sharing your script as a web app
- Serving JSON or XML from your script
- Publishing your app in the Chrome Web Store