Learn how to prevent others from contacting you in Hangouts by blocking them. You will then know how to unblock them when you're ready to accept invitations from them again.
- [Narrator] On those occasions when you change…your status to show that you're not available…or don't want to be interrupted,…yet someone continues to interrupt you,…you have the ability to block them.…Later on, when you are available,…you can then unblock them.…That's what we're going to do in this movie.…You can see, maybe I forgot to change my status…to unavailable, or maybe I did and it's not my fault.…This person's trying to contact me for a quick chat.…You can see, the window opens up here on screen,…can we have a quick chat?…Instead of responding I'm in the meeting,…all I'm going to do is block this person…so they can't keep contacting me.…
Just go up to the settings icon in the conversation window…and choose block.…In this case, I'll be blocking Sandie.…So, if blocked, I'll no longer be able to receive…direct messages and notifications,…but the person will still be present in any group hangouts…that I have in common with her.…Blocking applies to the other Google products too,…keep that in mind.…You can change who can start a conversation…
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.