Learn how to leave a one-on-one or group text chat hangout, and close up a chat when it's over, name it, and archive the conversation for review down the road.
- [Instructor] At the end of a text chat conversation,…you have a number of different options.…You can leave the conversation.…For example, if it's a group chat…and you no longer need to be part of it,…you can leave allowing the others to continue on.…Another option though, is to close it up at the end,…and archive it so you can refer back…to the contents if needed.…That's what we're going to talk about in this movie.…So if you've been following along,…we've had a one-on-one chat that turned into a group chat.…Check out this chat as the text goes back and forth.…
It looks like the end of the conversation.…Looks like Sandie left the Hangout,…and Karen left the Hangout as well.…How'd they do that?…They simply went up to the top right-hand corner…and you click the Cog icon you'll notice an option…to leave the conversation.…Clicking there will prompt you to confirm,…do you really want to leave because you won't be able…to read or send messages to this group.…Or did you do that by accident and you'd like to stay.…I'm going to click Stay,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.