- Creating a custom layout with XML
- Setting up OnClick handlers
- Making API calls
- Creating custom views
- Implementing ViewHolder objects
- Signing certificates
- Adding a checkbox
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Albert] Hi, I'm Albert Lo. I have been developing for the Android platform natively for over five years. In this course, I will introduce you to some of the most popular UI Controls available for Android developers while we create a Google Photos app together. We will start by learning about the side navigation drawer and how to customize it. Next, we will learn about how to structure the RecyclerView to easily support multiple view types. We will explore custom views, custom layouts, custom layout attributes, ViewHolders, and create models for our RecyclerViews.
Lastly, we'll learn about how to apply the different UI Controls to display a grid of photos onto a screen. I'm excited to share these concepts with you here, because I have used them myself in developing several real-world apps.
1. Understanding the Side Navigation Drawer
2. Custom RecyclerView: Multiple View Types
3. Custom RecyclerView: ViewHolders
4. Understanding Custom Views
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.