Learn how to access existing Hangouts contacts, add more contacts to your list, pin specific contacts to the top of the list, and hide contacts to remove them from the list, and then unhide them when you want them back on the list.
- [David] Working with Contacts here in Google Hangouts…is a little bit different than what…you might be accustomed to when working with contacts…in an email application such as Gmail, for example.…We're going to take a look at how to set up Contacts,…hide them, and unhide them here in this movie.…You can see I'm signed in as Sandie here.…I don't see any conversations.…You'll notice over here on the left-hand side,…an icon representing Contacts.…Clicking here is going to show a list of contacts…that were created when conversations happened.…
So Sandie had a conversation with me, David Rivers.…I appear now as a Contact.…If I go over to the right-hand side…and click the Settings ellipses over here,…you'll notice that she can pin me to the top…so I always appear as the most recent contact.…She can start a video call with me right now,…or even hide me if she doesn't plan on having…any conversations with me going forward.…I'm going to leave that there though,…just by clicking in the background.…To get a new contact in here…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the Hangouts interface
- Starting one-on-one text chats and group text chats
- Archiving a text chat
- Starting a video call
- Sending a message during a call
- Changing video call settings
- Making phone calls with Hangouts
- Touring the Hangouts UI on a mobile device
- Setting up contacts
- Customizing Hangout preferences
- Using keyboard shortcuts in Hangouts