Learn how to access existing Hangouts contacts, add more contacts to your list, pin specific contacts to the top of the list, and hide contacts to remove them from the list, and then unhide them when you want them back on the list.
- [David] Working with Contacts here in Google Hangouts…is a little bit different than what…you might be accustomed to when working with contacts…in an email application such as Gmail, for example.…We're going to take a look at how to set up Contacts,…hide them, and unhide them here in this movie.…You can see I'm signed in as Sandie here.…I don't see any conversations.…You'll notice over here on the left-hand side,…an icon representing Contacts.…Clicking here is going to show a list of contacts…that were created when conversations happened.…
So Sandie had a conversation with me, David Rivers.…I appear now as a Contact.…If I go over to the right-hand side…and click the Settings ellipses over here,…you'll notice that she can pin me to the top…so I always appear as the most recent contact.…She can start a video call with me right now,…or even hide me if she doesn't plan on having…any conversations with me going forward.…I'm going to leave that there though,…just by clicking in the background.…To get a new contact in here…
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Docs Advanced Tips and Trickswith Jess Stratton58m 18s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Google Hangouts
2. Messaging and Text Hangouts
3. Video and Phone Hangouts
4. Hangouts on Mobile Devices
5. Set Up Contacts
6. Set Hangout Preferences
Change your profile picture3m 50s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.