Learn how to provide feedback by adding a comment to a document. In addition, discover how to tag a user in a comment and receive notifications if you want them.
- [Instructor] Collaboration demands feedback and input.…One way to provide that is to comment.…On the creator's side, you share a file with others…and set permissions to allow them to comment.…On the collaborator's side, you receive the document invite…then you dive in and provide feedback and suggestions.…Here's a document.…Travel Expenses Art July.…Another team member has shared this document with me…and upon review, I'm curious about the meal expense…for July sixth so I add a comment.…
Click the cell in question and then on the toolbar,…locate the Insert Comment button.…Type your comment and click the Comment button.…The comment is inserted into the worksheet.…A tiny triangle in the cell…indicates the comment's presence.…Hover the mouse over the triangle to view the comment…which all collaborators can see.…Now, if you can't comment…then the owner hasn't given you that permission.…Of the three sharing levels, view, comment and edit,…only comment and edit permissions…allow you to add comments to a shared document.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding G Suite and Google apps
- Exploring Google Drive
- Sharing files and folders
- Receiving a shared invite
- Sharing a document
- Managing shared documents
- Adding comments
- Creating a shared schedule
- Collaborating in real time
- Building a project site
- Presenting online