Learn how to use Google Apps for Education to create digital classroom spaces, build quizzes and presentations, make a class calendar, and communicate better with students.
- Hello, I'm Kat Anderson. Welcome to the Google Apps 2016 for Education Essential Training. I've been an educator for 17 years, and I'm passionate about using technology to improve my instruction, to make my job as a teacher easier, and to provide real-world experiences to support student learning. In this course, we're going to take a look at various Google applications and how they can be used by teachers, students, and administrators.
We'll take a look at Gmail and how to use it as an effective tool for communication and productivity. We'll explore how to use Google Drive for storage and file sharing. We'll explore the main Google productivity apps, Google Docs for online word processing, Google Sheets for creating spreadsheets, Google Slides for creating presentations, and Google Forms for online surveys and quizzes. Finally, we'll take a look at Google Calendar and how it can assist with organization and planning.
Hopefully, this course will help you develop a better understanding of the Google Apps and how you can use them to increase your own productivity and support student learning. We have a lot to cover, so let's get started.
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
2. Overview of Google Drive
3. Using Google Docs
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Slides
6. Google Forms
7. Google Calendar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.