Language barriers can make it difficult to communicate for many students. This video tutorial will demonstrate how enable Voice Typing and how to use translation within Google Docs as aids for communication.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at some…of the special tools offered in Google Docs…that can be helpful for educators and students.…Voice typing is a great option for some students…to assist with the writing process…and it's also good for those times…when you don't have your hands free to jot down notes.…Voice typing only works in a Chrome web browser.…To open the Voice typing tool…I'm going to click on Tools, and then Voice typing.…This opens a microphone popup.…I can choose the language from the drop down…to let the program know what language I will be speaking,…then I click on the microphone to begin my dictation.…
I know it is recording my dictation…when it lights up orange…and my text begins appearing on the screen.…To end my dictation I just click again…on the orange microphone.…That was a lot of clicks,…so if you'll be using the tool often…I suggest remembering the shortcut.…From your document just click Ctrl + Shift + S.…The Voice typing feature opens automatically,…I can see that it's outlined in orange,…
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
Skill Level Beginner
2. Overview of Google Drive
3. Using Google Docs
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Slides
6. Google Forms
7. Google Calendar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.