Google Calendar is a great way for educators to stay organized and share events. This video tutorial provides an overview and basic navigation of Google Calendar and ways educators can use it to stay organized.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at Google Calendar.…Google Calendar is online calendar and scheduling tool,…so I can access it from any computer or device.…I can even download the Google Calendar app…from the Chrome web store that allows me…to view and add events to my calendar when I'm offline,…and those events will automatically sync…across my devices when I'm back online.…I can access my Google Calendar from my Gmail account…by clicking on the Google Apps icon,…and then selecting Calendar.…
The default view is to show an entire week…at a glance.…I can use the tabs across the top of the screen…to toggle back and forth between a daily view,…a weekly view, a monthly view,…a four-day view, or an agenda,…which shows a list of the dates…and times for upcoming events on my calendar.…Let's go back to the four-day view for a minute.…The four-day view is actually a customizable view.…In a school setting the four-day view isn't very practical,…a five-day view would be much more beneficial,…so I'm going to customize my calendar…
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
2. Overview of Google Drive
3. Using Google Docs
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Slides
6. Google Forms
7. Google Calendar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.