Language barriers can make it difficult to communicate effectively with ESL students and families. This video tutorial will demonstrate how to use Gmail translation to communicate with ESL families and the global community.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at how to easily…translate incoming and outgoing messages…into a different language.…There are many times in education when it's helpful…to be able to easily, and efficiently, translate material.…Sending home messages to a family…that speak English as a second language…or communicating with students in other countries.…If Gmail detects that an incoming message…is in a different language,…it will automatically translate it for you.…The translate bar will then show up…across the top of your e-mail message.…
If you want to translate something…that Gmail has not provided an automatic translation for,…you can just click the down arrow,…and then choose Translate Message.…From the translate bar,…you can choose the original language,…or you can ask Gmail to detect the original language.…You can choose to translate that message…into over 100 different languages.…In the center of the bar, you can toggle back and forth…between the original message and the translated message.…
Unfortunately, the option to translate…
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
2. Overview of Google Drive
3. Using Google Docs
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Slides
6. Google Forms
7. Google Calendar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.