Submitting student work virtually can get messy without an organizational structure in place. This video tutorial will demonstrate the use of folders in Google Drive for students to turn in work.
- [Instructor] Let's explore using Folders in Google Drive…to make sure students have access to class content…and homework assignments.…I like to use Google Drive…to keep all of the files for our class in one place.…I can post videos, research articles,…class notes, homework assignments,…and even keep my gradebook all in one location.…I can easily share those files with students,…or administrators, and can access them from anywhere.…From Google Drive I'm going…to create a new Folder for my class…so that everything related to that class…can go into the Folder.…
I'm going to click on New and then Folder.…This is for my Math 101 class…so I'm going to name it Math 101.…I could just dump everything for this class into one Folder…but then I would have to adjust the sharing permissions…on each individual document.…I want to make my life a little bit easier…so I'm going to open up my Math 101 Folder…and create a few more Folders.…This way I can adjust the Sharing settings on the Folders…and not every single document.…
I want to create one Folder for Content and assignments.…
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
2. Overview of Google Drive
3. Using Google Docs
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Slides
6. Google Forms
7. Google Calendar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.