Sharing files easily with students and other staff members is one of the advantages to using Google Drive. This video tutorial will explain the various ways to share a file from Google Drive, as well as the security settings and how to adjust them so that others can view/edit/comment on your file.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at some of the options…for sharing files in Google Drive.…To share a file, I'm going to right-click on the file…and select Share.…I can enter the email address of the person…I want to share with.…If I'm sending the file to someone who's saved…in my Gmail contacts,…I can just start typing in the address…and Google will automatically populate that field for me.…I can send my file to just one person,…or I can enter multiple email addresses here.…I can see that the default here is to edit,…which means whoever I share the document with…can make any changes to that document.…
If I want to change that,…I just click on the down arrow…and click on my preferred option.…I could choose for them to comment or view the file.…Once I've selected that, I can click Send.…If I right-click again on the file,…I also have the option to Get shareable link.…From here, I can click on the slider bar…to turn Link sharing on,…then I can copy the link to share my file.…Sometimes, I want to share several files…
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
2. Overview of Google Drive
3. Using Google Docs
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Slides
6. Google Forms
7. Google Calendar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.