Educators often need to transfer large fields to students or other staff members, but sending large files as an email attachment can create problems for both the sender and the receiver. This video tutorial will teach educators how to use Gmail and Google Drive to share large files with others.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at an easy way…to share large files through email.…Sharing large files can be problematic…because email programs limit the size…of files you can send and receive.…A better option when working with larger files…is to upload to Google Drive.…I have a video saved on my computer…that I want to share with one of my students.…From my Gmail account I'm going to create a new email.…To add the video I click on the icon at the bottom…of the email to insert a file from Google Drive.…
From here I have some options.…If I have already uploaded the file into Google Drive…I can select the file I wish to share.…If it's a file that's been shared with me…that I want to pass along, I can choose Shared With Me…and then locate the file.…In this case the file is housed on my computer,…so I'm going to select Upload…and then select the file from my computer.…If I wish to add more files, I can do that here,…and when I'm ready, I can click Upload.…I can track the progress as it uploads,…and once that is complete,…
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
Skill Level Beginner
2. Overview of Google Drive
3. Using Google Docs
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Slides
6. Google Forms
7. Google Calendar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.