Organization is an important part of file management. This video tutorial will demonstrate organizational structures and possibilities for using labels and filters to organize incoming and existing email.
- [Narrator] Let's take a look at how adding labels…and filters to your email messages…can help you stay organized.…Labels can be helpful for organizing your emails…into categories.…Within my Gmail account, I can see…that there are several label categories…already created for me.…There's a label for all of my starred messages,…all of my sent mail, all of my drafts.…If I click on More, I can see the list…of all the labels that currently exist in my Inbox.…To create a new label, I just scroll down…to Create New Label.…
I can give the label a name and then click Create.…My label now appears in the label list in my Inbox.…To manage my labels, I'm going to click on Manage Labels.…From here, I can see all of my labels…and I can choose which ones I always want to appear…or hide in my Inbox.…If I choose to hide a label,…that just means I'll need to expand the labels list…to access it.…I like to create a different label…for each of the classes that I'm teaching.…
I also have labels for communication with administration,…expenses, and professional development.…
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
Skill Level Beginner
2. Overview of Google Drive
3. Using Google Docs
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Slides
6. Google Forms
7. Google Calendar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.