Sharing Google Docs can be an effective way to collaborate and communicate. This video tutorial will examine the various ways to share a Google doc and the viewing/editing permissions available.
- [Narrator] Let's take a look at some of the sharing…and security options in Google Docs.…There are three different modes to view a document in.…I can always see which mode I'm in…by looking in the top right corner.…The default mode when you first open a document…is Editing mode.…This allows me to make any changes to text or formatting.…If I click on the down arrow,…I can switch to Suggesting mode.…Any edits I make at this point will be noted as suggestions,…and will show up in green.…A comment will also be created on the right side of the page…directing attention to the suggestions.…
If I click on the x next to the comment,…it's going to delete all of those suggestions.…If I click on the green check mark,…it will make those suggestions a new part of my document.…I also have the option to Reply to the suggestions.…The final option is Viewing mode, which gives a picture…of what the final document will look like.…You can't make any edits or changes in Viewing mode.…When I'm ready to share my document with others,…
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
2. Overview of Google Drive
3. Using Google Docs
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Slides
6. Google Forms
7. Google Calendar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.