The Explore panel provides instant and comprehensive data analysis in Google Sheets. This video tutorial demonstrates how to navigate the Explore menu and use other Google Sheets tools to analyze data.
- [Narrator] Let's take a look at the Explore feature…in Google Sheets.…Explore automatically create charts and statistics…based on the information in my spreadsheet.…This greatly simplifies the process…of identifying patterns in data…and makes it easy to add analysis into a spread sheet.…Once data has been entered,…I can see that the green Explore button appears…in the bottom-right hand corner.…If the Explore option is grayed out,…that just means that I haven't entered enough information…or I'm inside a cell that doesn't contain information…that can be analyzed.…
When I click on the Explore option,…Google Sheets analyzes the data I have in the spreadsheet…and gives me charts, graphs,…and statistics based on the information that I entered.…If I mouse over one of the charts,…the data being analyzed will automatically be highlighted…in the spreadsheet…so I can easily see what part of the spreadsheet…is being used to create the chart.…If I toggle between my tabs,…Explore will adjust accordingly…and will give me instantly updated charts and data.…
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
2. Overview of Google Drive
3. Using Google Docs
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Slides
6. Google Forms
7. Google Calendar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.