Google Calendar presents educators possibilities for collaborating calendars and scheduling meetings and events. This video tutorial demonstrates how to collaborate and schedule group events using Google Calendar.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at how to invite others…to an event using Google Calendar,…and how to share calendars with others in your organization.…Let's say I'm scheduling a meeting in Google Calendar,…and I want to invite several other people to attend.…From my Google Calendar I'm going to click on CREATE,…and enter all of the information…that others might need to know about my meeting.…If it's a virtual meeting I could include the meeting link,…if it's a phone conference I can include the phone number.…On the right side of the screen…there's an option to Add guests,…I'm going to click in the box and enter the e-mail address…of anyone I wish to invite.…
If some of these people don't really…need to attend the meeting,…and I'm just inviting them as a courtesy,…I can click on the icon next to their name,…which lets them know in the invitation they receive…that this meeting is optional.…Once I enter all of the participants,…I can see there's an option for Suggested times,…Google Calendar will analyze all of the calendars…
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
2. Overview of Google Drive
3. Using Google Docs
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Slides
6. Google Forms
7. Google Calendar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.