Google Docs allows for various insertions that can be assets to a project. This video tutorial provides a basic overview of the Insert menu options in Google Docs, including equations, drawings, images, characters, and basic formatting.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at some of the options…for inserting items in Google Docs.…When I click on the Insert menu across the top of the screen…I have the option to insert an Image.…From here I can Upload an image from my computer,…Take a snapshot using my webcam,…insert an image using the URL,…I can access my albums from Google Photos,…upload an image from my Google Drive,…or Search Google for an image.…Back in my Insert menu another option…that's a little more unique is the Equation bar.…
If I click on Insert and then Equation…it opens up an equation toolbar…across the top of the screen.…I can see that my cursor is now inside a blue box…and I have quite a few options for creating an equation.…My equation will be placed inside the blue box…and when I click outside of that blue box…I return to my normal typing options.…If I wish to create a new equation…I can just click on New equation from the equation toolbar.…If you're working within Google Docs…and would like to include an illustration or drawing…
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
2. Overview of Google Drive
3. Using Google Docs
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Slides
6. Google Forms
7. Google Calendar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.