Access to Google Drive files without internet access can be beneficial for those times when educators cannot be connected. This video tutorial will look at options for downloading, using and syncing Google Drive on a computer and as a mobile app.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at how…to use Google Drive offline.…There are times when I want to work on some of my files…in Google Drive, but do not have access to the internet.…Google Drive makes it easy to do that…and will automatically sync my files…when I'm back in internet range.…There are just a few quick steps to set it up…so that I always have access to my Google files.…I can download Google drive for my PC…from the Apple App Store, from my iPad, or iPhone,…or from the Google Play store from my Android device.…
Let's go ahead and install the app for my PC.…While I still have access to the internet,…I'm going to open my Google Drive,…click on Settings, and then Download Drive.…Now, I have the option to download for PC.…Here, I'm going to have to Accept and Install,…next I'll need to click on the executable file…at the bottom of the screen.…It's telling me my installation is complete,…so I can now click Close.…I can see the welcome screen on my PC,…so I'm gonna click Get Started.…
I'm going to need to connect my Google Drive on my PC…
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
2. Overview of Google Drive
3. Using Google Docs
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Slides
6. Google Forms
7. Google Calendar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.