Data Validation can assist educators by ensuring that the data being collected meets certain criteria. This video tutorial will demonstrate how to use Data Validation in Google Forms to collect clean data.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at how data validation…can make sure that the data you are collecting…is in the correct format,…to make it easier to work with.…Anytime I'm looking for a certain answer,…like a specific number, or a certain keyword,…or if I wish to set limiting factors on an answer,…like a minimum, or a maximum number of words,…Google Forms can validate the data for me,…and make sure that it is correct.…Data validation only works with certain types…of questions in Google Forms:…short answer, paragraph, and check boxes.…
Let's start with a short answer question.…To turn on data validation,…I just click on the three dots…in the lower right-hand corner,…and then select data validation.…Now, I need to set up my rules for validation.…I can choose whether I want the answer to be a number,…whether it should contain,…or exclude certain words or characters,…whether there should be a limit on the length of the answer,…or if I wish to use a regular expression.…Let's say I want a question on my form…to be the user's email address.…
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
Skill Level Beginner
2. Overview of Google Drive
3. Using Google Docs
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Slides
6. Google Forms
7. Google Calendar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.