Canned responses can be great time savers for emails that need to be sent multiple times. This video tutorial will demonstrate how educators can create and effectively use canned responses to respond to emails.
- [Narrator] Let's take a look at how…canned responses can save you time…for email messages you have to send several times.…A canned response is basically an email template.…There are lots of different times…that I find this helpful in teaching,…like when I'm sending out makeup work…or assignment directions.…Canned responses work great for times when I need…to send the same information to various people,…but not necessarily at the same time.…Before I can create a canned response,…I first have to enable the Canned Responses Lab.…
I'm going to do this by going into my Settings menu…and clicking on Settings.…Across the top, I'm going to click on Labs,…and then I'm going to scroll down…until I locate the Canned Responses Lab.…I'm going to click on the Radio button…to enable Canned Responses.…And then I'm going to scroll all the way…to the bottom of the screen and click Save Changes.…I only have to go through these steps one time.…From now on, canned responses…will always be an option for my Gmail account.…
To create a canned response,…
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
2. Overview of Google Drive
3. Using Google Docs
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Slides
6. Google Forms
7. Google Calendar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.