Conferences are an important aspect of education, providing opportunities for learning and personalized instruction. This video tutorial demonstrates how to use Google Calendar to create headache free appointments for parent teacher conferences or student conferences.
- [Narrator] Let's take a look at how…to use appointment slots to schedule…student meetings, staff evaluations,…or parent conferences.…This feature is not yet available…with the free Google account, it's only available…through a work or school account.…I can add appointments from either…the day or week views in my Google Calendar.…I'm going to click on the time in my calendar…when I would like to make appointments available.…If I just click in one space it will…give me a one hour time block.…If I want to offer appointments for a longer period of time,…I can just click and drag across the spaces…for the duration I wish to offer appointments.…
Next I'm going to click on the tab…that says appointment slots, and I'm going to…enter a name for my appointments.…I can choose whether I want this to be a…single appointment slot, or to divide the block…of time up into smaller appointments,…and I can also choose the duration.…If I hit Create, it will add the event to my calendar,…and I can tell that this block of time…is divided up by the grid icon that appears…
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
Skill Level Beginner
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
2. Overview of Google Drive
3. Using Google Docs
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Slides
6. Google Forms
7. Google Calendar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.