Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know, part of Google Analytics: Spam Proofing.
- [Instructor] Before we get started there are some things you should know. You should have an account ready to go or be comfortable creating one. You'll need to know how to view different reports and how to change the date range. And keep in mind that you need to have admin privileges for your account or get direct access to your client's account. If you don't have these, you can still follow along, but you won't be able to act on some of the information that I provide. If you'd like to freshen up on your Google Analytics skills, check out the Google Analytics Essential Training.
- Understanding spam in Google Analytics
- What spam looks like
- Spam proofing your analytics
- Excluding known bots, language spam, and crawler spam
- Saving an annotation
- Creating a segment for historical data