Join Steve Harris for an in-depth discussion in this video What is SEO for ecommerce?, part of SEO for Ecommerce.
- View Offline
- In a nutshell, search engine optimization, or SEO,…is the process of assessing the current…on and off page factors of a website…and improving these factors to boost rankings…in a search engine like Google.…In my experience, the most often misunderstood…word in this title is optimization.…We are making tweaks to our site…to help Google better understand the site structure…and to build trust with search engines.…However, this does not guarantee first spot rankings.…
SEO is not a list of tasks that you check off…and your site instantly rockets to the top spot.…It's an ongoing process of making improvements,…measuring the results, and continuously building on them.…Another fact that you need to be aware of…is that there is a big connection to a site's traffic…and its search ranking.…Sites that get millions of page views each year…will generally rank higher because they're seen…as bigger authorities by the search engines.…You must focus on building traffic…in order to build rankings.…
They go hand in hand.…Driving more traffic to your site through social media…
- How SEO affects the buying process
- Researching customers, keywords, and competitors
- Using simple and long tail keywords
- Eliminating duplicate site content
- Using rich media
- Designing landing pages to drive engagement
- Blogging for SEO
- A/B testing with Optimizely
- Measuring traffic with Google Analytics
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
2. Researching Your Customers
Creating buyer personas2m 25s
3. Auditing for Site Usability and Structure
4. Utilizing SEO Best Practices
5. Implementing On-Page Optimization
6. Incorporating Measurement and Optimization Tools
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.