Take an in-depth look at Google Analytics, and learn advanced techniques than can help you use this popular and powerful analytics tool to glean better insights.
- [Instructor] Tapping into the more advanced features of Google Analytics can help you learn so much more from your business and its customers, which is what this course is all about. My name is Adriaan Brits and I'm a digital marketing specialist working with companies all over the world. Let me walk you through what we're going to cover. In SEO performance measurement, we'll discover relevant metrics to track and produce a sample analytics report to display those metrics. In advanced setup, we'll configure different elements of analytics, from account structures to WordPress integration, the use of filters and views to reveal different data sets and adapting analytics to your needs.
In doing more with analytics, we'll manipulate reports with weighted sort and Excel. And we gain a deeper understanding of user intent through site search and related methods. We'll then discover key advanced functions like content grouping and regular expressions. In advanced reporting, we create custom team reports or dashboards for just about any stakeholder. We also see how to track users as they move between different sites with cross-domain linking and site tracking.
In conversion rate analysis, we show you where to find all of the most actionable metrics that will tell you exactly what needs to change during conversion rate optimization. Then, in conversion reports, you'll learn how to dig deeper with attribution models and multi-channel funnels. By the time you complete the course, and experience the mix of practical and theoretical scenarios we share, my hope is that you'll have a deeper understanding and more confidence in the use of Google Analytics.
Note: This course picks up where Google Analytics Essential Training leaves off. If you have questions about how Google Analytics works straight out of the box, see that course for more information.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Measuring the performance of search engines over time through segmentation
- Doing more with analytics
- Understanding user intent
- Setting up site search
- Using content grouping
- Building customized team reports
- Setting up operational dashboards
- Fault reporting with segmentation
- Conversion rate analysis
- Creating a custom attribution model