Discover how to identify and remove spam from Google Analytics. Ensure that you get real insights into your website's visitors by learning how to write filters to eliminate spam, and how to use segments to view your historical data without any spam.
- [Patrick] Google Analytics is the go-to analytics platform for the web, but the data only makes sense if it's accurate. Hi, I'm Patrick Rauland, and in this course we're going to cover how to identify spam, how to write filters to eliminate it, and how to use segments to view your historical data without any spam in it. So let's clean up your stats.
- Understanding spam in Google Analytics
- What spam looks like
- Spam proofing your analytics
- Excluding known bots, language spam, and crawler spam
- Saving an annotation
- Creating a segment for historical data