SEO for ecommerce is different. Get strategies tailored for optimizing an online store to improve page rankings and build traffic.
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Search Engine Optimization for Ecommerce. I'm Steve Harris, and thanks so much for watching this course. As the owner of an ecommerce site myself, I've spent countless hours monitoring our search rankings, making tweaks, and testing different strategies to see what works best. I'm excited to share everything I've learned. This course is designed to guide you through the process of optimizing the pages of your online store, to build traffic, and improve your page rankings. First we'll talk about the importance of usability on your site and the differences between on and off-page SEO.
Next, we'll do some research on exactly who your customer is and how to create buyer personas to guide and unify your marketing efforts. Once we know exactly who we are targeting, we'll dig deep into your site and make modifications to the content and structure for optimal rankings. Lastly, we'll review common mistakes made on ecommerce websites, and take a look at a few awesome tools around the web that you can implement. If you're ready to build a booming online business and start increasing your site traffic, then let's get started with Search Engine Optimization for Ecommerce.
- How SEO affects the buying process
- Researching customers, keywords, and competitors
- Using simple and long tail keywords
- Eliminating duplicate site content
- Using rich media
- Designing landing pages to drive engagement
- Blogging for SEO
- A/B testing with Optimizely
- Measuring traffic with Google Analytics